글번호

[홍보-건국불레틴] International College: A movement toward the global stage

작성자
국제대학 행정실
조회수
등록일
수정일

An interview with the first students of the International College

International College of the Konkuk University (KU) started the class on March 4th. The International College is distinct from other colleges, as it is exclusively composed of international students. It consists of the Department of International Commerce and the Department of Culture & Media. Here, international students take classes in Korean and adapt to life in Korea through the Career Success Program like other Korean students. Additionally, the revamped Korean language classes by level will further improve their Korean language skills.

KU will grow into the best university in Korea by adding diversity and nurturing global talent through the International College. Following the interview with Yeom Jae-ung, the Dean of the International College in Vol.310, this Global Life will share the stories of freshmen of the International College.

Ito Nao / Japan / Department of Culture & Media

Temurlen Shilkhuu / Mongolia / Department of Culture & Media

Wang Xinyi / China / Department of International Commerce

1. Why did you choose the International College of KU?

- Ito Nao: I came to Korea because I grew my interest abroad while I studied English at a Japanese University and I like KPOP and Korean culture. So, I took a semester at the Busan University of Foreign Studies, but It was not what I expected. I had found a university with Media majors in Korea, and the Department of Culture & Media of KU’s curriculum was what I wanted to study. Especially, I thought I could follow the whole class since the International College is what for international students.

- Temurlen Shilkhuu: I heard a presentation which is introduced to the International College in Mongolia. After hearing the explanation of Mr. Yeom, the Dean of International College. I guessed it would be matched with me. I had worked on UX and UI design in Mongolia, but it did not fit with me. I have been interested in Art since young. Korea is well known for Entertainment and Art, so I decided to study Media in Korea.

- Wang Xinyi: I wanted to study abroad since when I was young. I studied Korean in China, and I took a Hanyang International Language Institute. And the teacher recommended me here. After graduating, I wish I could reinforce the relationship between Korea and China and develop together.

1. What activities are you most looking forward to at KU?
  • Ito Nao: I wish to interact with Korean students. I hope to make friends at a club. I joined Rotaract. At first, I worried about the activities, but I joined there because there were already Japanese students.
  • Temurlen Shilkhuu: I anticipated the classes, since the Media is what l wanted to study. And I also hope to make Korean friends at the clubs. I applied for two clubs by now.
  • Wang Xinyi: I like to join a club and make Korean friends. Then I think I can speak a lot of Korean.

1. What are your first impressions of KU after taking your first class?

- Ito Nao: KU is my third university, including a Japanese university, and the largest. It is nice to walk a spacious campus, but also tiring. And, amazingly, there are many cafes near here.

- Temurlen Shilkhuu: I attended Korea University's Korean Language Center, which was difficult because of the steep slopes. But, KU is fine since it is relatively gentle.

- Wang Xinyi: I came to KU for the first time last semester to take the TOPIC test. The building of the International College and international dormitory are located above, so it feels like exercise.

1. Is there anything you want from KU and classmates?

- Ito Nao: I want to interact with Korean students. I can move first, but I wish I had more opportunities to meet Korean friends.

- Temurlen Shilkhuu: I like to go membership training(MT)! My friends from other departments went to MT, I am so sad that our department has no events.

- Wang Xinyi: I wish to make friends with similar personalities. It would be fun to go with friends to the festival and campus events.

1. What are your plans in Korea?

- Ito Nao: I need to prepare for getting a job, since I am in third grade. I have not decided yet, but I want to work in Japan or Korea. Although I am worried about the number of credits required, I want to study multiple majors in the Department of Business Administration.

- Temurlen Shilkhuu: After graduation, I want to get a job at a famous entertainment company in Korea. In particular, my older sister likes SM Entertainment idols, so I want to be employed at SM Entertainment.

- wang xinyi: I want to hang out with my friends in Gangnam, Hongdae, and Hangang Park. I want to go to well-known places and go shopping in Seoul. After graduating from KU, I will go to graduate school here and get a job back in China.

원본 :  International College: A movement toward the global stage < Global Life < Life < 기사본문 - 건국불레틴 (konkuk.ac.kr)