글번호

Konkuk University Awards Seven "Best Teachers" for the Spring Semester of 2023

Writer
관리자
View
Date
수정일
Konkuk University Awards Seven

Konkuk University held the “Best Teacher Award Ceremony” for the Spring Semester of 2023 on May 4th. KU selects and awards qualified professors and instructors in each field to boost the morale of its faculty members based on their course evaluation results every semester.

Seven qualified faculty members, including △ Prof. Sung-Chul Bang of the Department of International Trade △ Prof. Eunhae Oh of the Department of English Language & Literature (Field of Humanities & Social Sciences) △ Prof. Se-young Shin of Sang-Huh College (Field of Art, Sports & Combined Studies), △ Prof. Kiho Hong of the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering △ Prof. Munbae Lee of the Department of Mathematics (Field of Natural Sciences, Medicine, Agriculture, Fisheries & Maritime Studies) △ Prof. Ki Soo Park of the Department of Biological Engineering △ Prof. Hyeon-Jeong Hwang of the Department of Architecture (Field of Engineering) were awarded at this semester’s ceremony.

Prof. Sung-Chul Bang of the Department of International Trade, gives lectures on international trade theory, microeconomics and macroeconomics analysis. Professor Bang said, “I tried to consider whether students can easily understand the contents of the textbook using practical cases and approach what they learned previously in a different way so that students could have mindsets that allow them to think about the same phenomenon in various ways.”

Prof. Eunhae Oh of the Department of English Language & Literature, who gives lectures on English translation, language acquisition and development based on students' interests and careers, said "I have designed various classes, such as discussion and experience classes so that students can actively participate in classes in order for them to digest the content of the lectures as their own."

Prof. Kiho Hong of the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering is said to be a ‘passionate professor who teaches difficult theories easily’ to students. Professor Hong said, “I think the link between the weekly lecture times is the most important aspect when students try to achieve their academic goals. When I start the lecture, I always try to make students interested in difficult classes by briefly organizing and explaining what they learned previously. After that, I tell them what they will be learning that day and try to consider the latest trends according to the characteristics of the subject.”

At the ceremony, President Prof. Young Jae Jeon delivered plaques of appreciation and bouquets to the awarded faculty members. He said, “I thank all the faculty members for your passion and continuous efforts to practice student-centered education. Furthermore, I hope the seven awarded professors will share their know-how and experiences about conducting qualified lectures to spread these educational innovations to our community.”

About seventy students attended the ceremony, expressing respect and gratitude for their mentors by preparing bouquets and big applauses for the awarded faculty members.

첨부파일